[Xorp-hackers] BSR Restart

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Tue Sep 1 06:04:03 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I've committed Pavlin's reworked change (with fixups) for PIM-SM runtime
bootstrap router configuration, to XORP public SVN, as revision 11529

The change to use the apply_bsr_changes RPC method is currently
commented out in the Router Manager template files in revision 11530.

The code compiles correctly on FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE with SCons and g++ 4.2.1.

I've reviewed the code and it appears to be correct, however, we will be
relying on users of XORP's PIM-SM to test this change before we activate
it in the main code base.

thanks,