[Xorp-hackers] Fix for PIM task list hang

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Sep 25 12:58:05 PDT 2009

On 09/01/2009 06:43 AM, Bruce Simpson wrote:
> Ben,
>
> Thanks for this change. As of today, I've applied a very small portion
> of it, by introducing debug_msg() calls into the path(s) where you've
> added XLOG warnings.

I'm merging with upstream....

Why did you remove the part where I also updated the error_msg?  That gives
the caller some idea why it failed.

I'm fine with getting rid of the XLOG warnings, as that was mostly for
my own debugging needs.

The pop_xrl changes fix real bugs with the state machine (it could
get hung on certain error conditions, at least).

I'm attaching a patch of all my changes for the pim/ directory in
case you want to apply them, it includes:

*  Fix xrl task state machine dead-lock due to un-balanced pop/send_xrl calls.
*  Improve error messages
*  Don't panic on network device removal.