[Xorp-hackers] Adding support for older scons releases?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Sep 28 17:09:36 PDT 2009

I tried to compile xorp on Fedora 8.  It has scons 0.98 by default (yum install scons).

This fails to compile with:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
SCons 1.2 or greater required, but you have SCons 0.98.4

Anyone know what part of xorp has the requirements for newer scons?  In order to make
xorp easier for users to build, I'd like to attempt to fix up xorp to build with older
scons, as opposed to making people manually find, download, configure and install a
newer scons...