[Xorp-hackers] Adding support for older scons releases?

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Mon Sep 28 20:02:06 PDT 2009

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:
> I tried to compile xorp on Fedora 8.  It has scons 0.98 by default (yum install scons).
>
> This fails to compile with:
>
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> SCons 1.2 or greater required, but you have SCons 0.98.4
>

> Anyone know what part of xorp has the requirements for newer scons?  In order to make
> xorp easier for users to build, I'd like to attempt to fix up xorp to build with older
> scons, as opposed to making people manually find, download, configure and install a
> newer scons...

Hi Ben,

I added the EnsureSConsVersion(1, 2) when someone tried to an earlier
version without support for Variables().

1.2 was the earliest version I had handy.  If we can verify it works
with an earlier version, we can change the version number accordingly.
If you can confirm it works with 0.98.4, I think we can change it to
EnsureSConsVersion(0, 98, 4).

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin