[Xorp-hackers] valgrind: selector.cc: Reading free'd memory

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Sep 30 02:29:34 PDT 2009

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the patch. Yes, this would work around the issue by
pre-allocating all the storage for Selectors upfront.

Ben Greear wrote:

> This one is nasty.  Here's the work-around fix:

I would far rather the problem is fixed at root however. If we're pushed
for time then we may check this in as an interim fix, it does waste some
memory, but that's better than risking heap corruption in some
situations. Ironically, the ref_ptr template is being used to try to
avoid premature deletion.

If you could attach this workaround patch to your Trac ticket that would
be great.

thanks,