[Xorp-hackers] [Xorp-users] How can I Update XORP configriation on the fly without having xorpsh?

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Thu Apr 8 23:22:32 PDT 2010

On 04/07/2010 10:39 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 04/07/2010 08:13 AM, saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Well I after log message swipe can save around 1.3 MB .. Thanks ben !
>
> Plz post a patch when you have that working properly.  It would be good
> to add a scons argument to compile out logging for folks with
> space constraints.  (Maybe with some sort of option to just compile
> out TRACE and WARNINGs and not errors/fatal?)
>
> I'm pretty sure there is some more ipv6 stuff in fea that could be
> conditionally compiled as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Hi Ben!

Patch attached here.

Log Removal Patch:
One more workaround I had to do else this patch was in SConstruct file !
,  It was to make
compilation without -Werror ( else it gives wraning of unused arguments
and then build fails
as warning being treated as error due to -Werror), if any other good way
(other then change
code of every call) to avoid removing -Wrror , it will work batter.

User Authentication Hack:
Once we discussed about removing of user authentication from xorp (or
hack in someway)
,so that any (root) user can start and configure xorpsh , would you have
any patch for this?
Or I can make patch if you suggest me something.

Thanks in advance,
Saurabh