[Xorp-hackers] Actual FIB Structure

Kyuhan Nam morethanair at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 23:54:42 PDT 2010

Hi, all.

I'm a newbie to see the XORP.

I tried to find the actual structure of FIB.

I traced 'XrlFibClientManager::send_fib_client_add_route' to see where the
actual FIB entries are stored.

I saw 'success = _xrl_fea_fib_client.send_add_route4(.' inside, and I found
_xrl_fea_fib_client is  XrlFeaFibClientV0p1Client type.

So, I traced  bool send_add_route4 inside.

I saw  'return _sender->send(.)' inside. This process is too iterative, so
I'm lost here L

Anyone knows where can I find the FIB table? (tree or list)

One more question, I found that the RIB is implemented with the tree. What
kind of tree is this? Patricia Trie,Binary trie or other types?

Thank you in advance