[Xorp-hackers] More ideas for xorp code size improvements.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Apr 13 10:23:19 PDT 2010

The callback logic seems to pass strings by copy instead of
by reference.  I think you can gain some improvements in
code size, and definitely gain RAM & performance improvements
by changing as many of these as possible to 'const string&'.

This might require hacking the logic that generates the XRL
code, so it may not be trivial...I haven't looked in any
detail yet.

With a clever perl script (or maybe grep command), you could
likely find these instances automatically and allow us to audit
the tree for such issues easily...