[Xorp-hackers] TODO list for rls 1.7

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Apr 23 09:39:59 PDT 2010

I just committed a fix for the Fedora 12 build issue to svn.

Sparc compile still fails due to alignment issues.  I have
a fairly invasive patch that changes the Arp code that fixes
some of this, but a simpler patch (and required regardless of
Arp changes) is to just not use -Werror when compiling on non-x86
platforms.

Shall I go ahead and commit the -Werror change so that sparc will
build (with warnings)?  I'll push the bigger changes into rls 1.8
once we have 1.7 released.

Aside from sparc-build, I'd like for us to decide if we are removing
boost requirement or not.  If we agree to remove it, I will happily
submit patches to do so, including a re-work of Bruce's patch that
added boost smart pointers.

Other than that, I think we can go ahead and finalize a 1.7 release.

We can tag it so that we can always go back and branch off a bug-fix
branch if we desire, but I see no need to branch before it's proven
to be required.