[Xorp-hackers] BGP issue in test harness (xorp.ct)

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Apr 23 16:03:08 PDT 2010

I've got at least partial functionality in the bgp test harness
working in my xorp.ct tree.

I am getting a failure (with crash due to uncaught exception)
in test_peering1.sh:

test28_ipv6()
{
     echo "TEST28 (IPV6) - Verify that routes originated by BGP reach an EBGP peer"
     echo "Also verify that the nexthop is rewritten and the provided nexthop"
     echo "is ignored"

     coord reset
     coord target $HOST $PORT4
     coord initialise attach peer1

     coord peer1 expect packet open asnum $AS bgpid $ID holdtime $HOLDTIME \
	afi 2 safi 1

     coord peer1 expect packet keepalive

     coord peer1 expect packet update \
	origin 0 \
	aspath 65008 \
	med 1 \
	nlri6 2000::/3 \
	nexthop6 ::

It is crashing because :: isn't a unicast address.  I think this is basically
the same problem I hit the other day with IPv4, and I can fix it by catching
the exception and ignoring the update.  But, assuming this test case should
function...should we perhaps allow :: for a nexthop?