[Xorp-hackers] BGP issue in test harness (xorp.ct)

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Apr 23 23:26:01 PDT 2010

On 04/23/2010 05:19 PM, Atanu Ghosh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that there are two problems, BGP shouldn't be sending an
> update with with a nexthop of zero and the test shouldn't be expecting
> to see a nexthop of zero. I would expect that the nexthop should be
> the IP address of the router. The test is failing to set a nexthop
> address for IPv6 as it does for IPv4, it looks like in the past an
> IPv6 address of zero passed through the system and now BGP is no
> longer allowing it.
>
> My suggestion is to log this as a bug and add this to the
> TEST_NOT_FIXED variable and remove it from TESTS.

I fixed the crash, added a new test that I think should work
(ie, with proper nexhop) but it doesn't work.  So, added that one
to TEST_NOT_FIXED.  The old test is in there but expects to fail
(just not crash xorp_bgp).

I've pushed all this to xorp.ct

The test_peering* scripts are now at least mostly right, but not
yet tied into the 'scons test' framework.  Hopefully the rest
will come easier and I can tie it into 'scons test' shortly.