[Xorp-hackers] Boost use

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Apr 25 00:26:53 PDT 2010

On 04/25/10 04:30, Bruce Simpson wrote:
>       * Boost is widely used by C++ projects of comparable size, and
> offer a thoroughly peer-reviewed alternative to some of what we have in
> libxorp.
>       Innovations from Boost itself are becoming part of the C++0x
> language specification. It is technically very strong.

FYI: http://www.boost.org/
Ten Boost libraries are already included in the C++ Standards
Committee's <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/> Library Technical
Report (TR1
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2005/n1745.pdf>) and
will be in the new C++0x Standard now being finalized. C++0x will also
include several more Boost libraries in addition to those from TR1. More
Boost libraries are proposed for TR2

So, in the short to medium term, adoption of Boost leads to being more
prepared for C++0x, which will happen; it's on the table already for
LLVM / Clang to replace G++.