[Xorp-hackers] Boost use

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Apr 25 00:26:53 PDT 2010

On 04/25/10 04:30, Bruce Simpson wrote:
>       * Boost is widely used by C++ projects of comparable size, and
> offer a thoroughly peer-reviewed alternative to some of what we have in
> libxorp.
>       Innovations from Boost itself are becoming part of the C++0x
> language specification. It is technically very strong.

FYI: http://www.boost.org/
%%%
Ten Boost libraries are already included in the C++ Standards
Committee's <http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/> Library Technical
Report (TR1
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2005/n1745.pdf>) and
will be in the new C++0x Standard now being finalized. C++0x will also
include several more Boost libraries in addition to those from TR1. More
Boost libraries are proposed for TR2
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2005/n1810.html>.
%%%

So, in the short to medium term, adoption of Boost leads to being more
prepared for C++0x, which will happen; it's on the table already for
LLVM / Clang to replace G++.