[Xorp-hackers] Running multiple instances of a XORP process

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Feb 21 11:14:43 PST 2010

On 10/02/2010 18:20, Simon van der Linden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start multiple instances of the same XORP process (BGP in
> this case) on different interfaces, with different target names. Is this
> doable using config.boot or any other config hook, or should I get my
> hands dirty by touching rtrmgr or some other process?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, BGP uses any interface, so I'd have to change that
> anyway.

There's no architectural reason why you can't have multiple instances,
but you need to be sure that router manager, rib etc are looking at the
right instance.

FWIW you'll probably need to tell RIB not to re-register the same IGP
table, and this will probably mean reworking some of the logic in the
processes involved.

Good luck.