[Xorp-hackers] Getting XORP svn to compile (and run) on Centos (RHEL) 5 - solution

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Feb 22 10:19:22 PST 2010

On 02/15/2010 04:01 PM, Eric S. Johnson wrote:

> Below is a diff of $SRCTOP/SConstruct that allows the SVN xorp
> to compile on Centos5 (and I assume would work for RHEL 5 too)
>
> The first part allowed it to find libcrypto in /usr/lib.

This builds fine for me on F11, so adding that to my tree.

Thanks for the patch.

> The second part gets rid of the

> TypeError: expected a character buffer object:
>    File "/opt/router/src/xorp-svn-20100211/SConstruct", line 482:
>      Split(env['CFLAGS']))
>    File "/opt/router/src/xorp-svn-20100211/SConstruct", line 481:
>      lambda s: not s.startswith(tuple(strip_pg_flags)),
>
> error from scons. But it is a brute force with massive ignorance solution.
> I am not much of a python/scons hacker.

Can you let us know the version of Python you are using?

Maybe scons too?

python --version
scons --version

Maybe we can conditionally ignore that code for just those versions until
someone comes up with a better fix.  I don't want to disable it for the
systems where it works.

> It builds and so far runs fine (with a simple interface/ospf config).
> I have not attacked the PIM and VRRPD issues I saw with 1.6 yet.
> Seeing if those problems still exist will be fun for tomorrow :)

Any luck reproducing the PIM and VRRPD issues you reported
in the svn tree code?