[Xorp-hackers] IP-IP/GRE tunnel

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Feb 24 09:24:43 PST 2010

On 02/24/2010 08:51 AM, Li Zhao wrote:
> Does xorp support IP-IP/GRE tunnel as special interfaces? For example,
> after we configure a tunnel, we can configure a static route using this
> tunnel as egress interface or using destination IP address on the tunnel
> as next-hop. All the configuration should be done on xorp cli. I dont want
> to configure tunnels on Linux command line. Can Linux system and windows
> system form IP-IP/GRE tunnels?

I don't think it can..you'll need to create them outside of xorp
and then use xorpsh to update xorp configuration.

The official xorp tree does not always deal well with dynamically
adding/removing interfaces.  I've added a bunch of fixes for these
issues to my tree (since my application deals extensively with
dynamically updating xorp interfaces and such).