[Xorp-hackers] VRRP error

Eric S. Johnson esj at cs.fiu.edu
Thu Feb 25 09:30:46 PST 2010

lizhaous2000 at yahoo.com said:
> After I configure vrrp vrid (100), in my code I got an error "No I/O
> Link  plugin to send a link raw packet on interface eth1 vif eth1
> from  0:0:5e:0:1:64 to 1:0:5e:0:0:12 EtherType 2048". What is the
> second MAC  address 1:0:5e:0:0:12? Anybody has a clue?

That is the multicast address VRRP advertisments are sent too.

I seem to remember from previous messages you are running
xorp on linux?

Are you using xorp-1.6?

I think I saw that error when the build system did not have or
did not correctly detect /usr/lib/libpcap.{a,so} which is from
the libpcap-devel RPM in the centos/redhat world....