[Xorp-hackers] xorp svn VRRP centos

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Feb 25 12:02:46 PST 2010

On 02/25/2010 09:51 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 02/25/2010 05:59 AM, Eric S. Johnson wrote:

>> There is a else clause in
>>
>> fea/data_plane/ifconfig/ifconfig_set_netlink_socket.cc
>>
>> that works (or at least doesn't have vrrp process die)
>>
>> #ifndef HAVE_NETLINK_SOCKETS_SET_FLAGS_IS_BROKEN
>>
>> 	code that uses netlink and doesn't work and makes vrrp go south
>>
>> #else // HAVE_NETLINK_SOCKETS_SET_FLAGS_IS_BROKEN
>>
>>       //
>>       // XXX: a work-around in case the kernel doesn't support setting
>>       // the flags on an interface by using netlink.
>>       // In this case, the work-around is to use ioctl(). Sigh...
>>       //
>> 	code that use a ioctl instead and seems to work.
>>
>> #endif

Can you try the attached patch and see if it properly detects the failure
(at runtime) and takes proper action to use the ioctl?  You should see one
complaint in the logs about having to switch to ioctl, but after that it
should not complain if I wrote the code correctly.

		    error_msg = c_format("ERROR:  Settting interface status using netlink failed"
					 " on: %s.  Will try to use ioctl method instead.",
					 ifname.c_str());

This is compile tested only.