[Xorp-hackers] BGP route table

Aleksandar Cvjetic aleksandar.cvjetic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 06:00:00 PST 2010

Actually not. Existing command "show bgp routes" display content of xorp BGP
route table, right? This table should contains BGP routes from all BGP
peers, not particular one. Looking into code, I cannot see a single BGP
route table containing BGP routes from all peers (not only the best but all
BGP routes). So I suppose when one invoke "show bgp routes" on xorp there
must be some method fetching BGP routes from RibIn tables for each branch
(peer) because RibIn table is the only BGP table in plumbing containing all
(unmodified) BGP routes from the peer. At least, this is my understanding
after spending some time looking into code. I'm not sure how does commercial
routers implements BGP route table, but similar command will always display
content of BGP route table containing all BGP routes from all peers.

Thanks,
Alex