[Xorp-hackers] xorp.ct is now on github

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Jun 1 00:03:35 PDT 2010

I manually rebased all 177 or so patches in xorp.ct on top of
the 1.7 SVN release of xorp.

http://github.com/greearb/xorp.ct

I think the results will be same as the previous xorp.ct, but
it needs some testing just in case I missed something in the
rebase & merge.

I'm going to try to import all the Sourceforge Trac bug-entries
into github if it can be done automatically.

I plan to put the html up somewhere public and modify it
to suit xorp.ct.  I will also be releasing 1.7 one way or
another (you can already download a 1.7 tarball on github).

As far as I am concerned, Sourceforge Xorp SVN is mothballed, and I
welcome all who are interested to use and develop on the new xorp.ct
tree.  My goal is to make xorp.ct better than the original xorp in
every way, including stability, performance, features, etc.  If
patches are ever posted to Xorp SVN, I'll merge them into xorp.ct
if that seems prudent.

I prefer that patches are posted to the mailing list for
discussion.  I'll commit them (with credit to the original author).
I could also pull from a developer's own xorp.ct repository if
that is more convenient.