[Xorp-hackers] Getting ready for release 1.8-CT

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Jun 1 23:57:13 PDT 2010

I am very close to releasing Xorp version 1.8-CT.

The code is basically what has been in xorp.ct for some time,
but I have also tweaked the documentation and the web page
html.

I'm now hosting my copy of the Xorp web page at:

http://www.candelatech.com/xorp.ct/

Please let me know if you find broken links or stale info.

The github project has been updated with the latest code:
http://github.com/greearb/xorp.ct

Commit messages are being sent to xorp-cvs at xorp.org now,
so subscribe to this if you want such notifications pushed
to you.  (Thanks to Atanu for fixing up the mailing list for
me.)

I plan to do some builds tomorrow and spot-test to make
sure nothing obvious broke.  If it works OK, I'll create
a 1.8-CT tag, do some binary builds, and call 1.8-CT done
(It should be easy to do a 1.8.x point release if bugs are
found...)

If anyone gets a chance to try it out, I'm interested in
the results!