[Xorp-hackers] Fwd: Is there any way you 'r seeing , to get xorp (multicast part) under 6 MB form 10 MB

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Thu Jun 10 00:21:17 PDT 2010

Dear Ben,BMS,atanu and all core members,

First congregates for community version 1.8 of xorp.ct.

I have been exploring various ways of getting xorp under 6 MB form 10 MB (of my cutoff version)
(likely want 45% of further size reduction), but yield without conclusion.

Are you or other core members are seeing any alternate solution to get xorp
upto this size ? This is now being barrier for my embedded target. (may many like me facing such situations)

As I see that xorp itself written in C++ with STL etc, eating lots
of space and memory, despite many of our size reduction patches.

-Thanks
Saurabh