[Xorp-hackers] Fwd: Is there any way you 'r seeing , to get xorp (multicast part) under 6 MB form 10 MB

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 10 11:27:45 PDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 12:21 AM, saurabh wrote:

> Dear Ben,BMS,atanu and all core members,
>
> First congregates for community version 1.8 of xorp.ct.
>
> I have been exploring various ways of getting xorp under 6 MB form 10 MB (of my cutoff version)
> (likely want 45% of further size reduction), but yield without conclusion.
>
> Are you or other core members are seeing any alternate solution to get xorp
> upto this size ? This is now being barrier for my embedded target. (may many like me facing such situations)

I just fixed optimize=size compile on Fedora 13 (not sure if it worked elsewhere or not).
Fix has been pushed to xorp.ct on github.

Compiling with:
  scons -j4 disable_ipv6=yes disable_fw=yes disable_warninglogs=yes disable_tracelogs=yes disable_fatallogs=yes disable_infologs=yes disable_assertlogs=yes
disable_errorlogs=yes enable_olsr=no enable_bgp=no enable_ospf=no enable_vrrp=no enable_policy=no optimize=size

gave me install image size of 9852 on Fedora 13, 32-bit:

[root at grok2 xorp]# du -s /usr/local/xorp
9852	/usr/local/xorp

Without the optimize=size, it was 11700, so it's a decent improvement.

I still haven't compiled out rip, and seems no need for xorp_fea_dummy
either..

[root at grok2 xorp]# ls /usr/local/xorp/lib/xorp/sbin/
xorp_fea        xorp_fib2mrib  xorp_mld     xorp_policy  xorp_rip
xorp_fea_dummy  xorp_igmp      xorp_pimsm4  xorp_rib     xorp_static_routes