[Xorp-hackers] xorp.ct and uSTL

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jun 14 15:40:46 PDT 2010

In interest of smaller executables, I spent several days getting xorp.ct
to compile with uSTL.  I patched xorp a bit to work around uSTL issues, and
patched uSTL as well.

Some things, like OLSR still do not compile due to uSTL limitations.

A minimal set of things needed for multicast routing will now compile,
and has a chance of working.

I'm a bit dissappointed though...all that work, and the total size went from
8000 KB to 7964 KB.  It's an improvement..but only a small one.  On the
upside, maybe that means the default STL is pretty good w/regard to size.

I'm going to commit at least part of this patch upstream, but probably
going to leave the more invasive changes out and hope that uSTL will
fix their stuff instead.  I've sent my current uSTL patches to the
author..will see if he applies them.  If not, I'll put a fork on
github in case someone wants to try it out.