[Xorp-hackers] Show of hands on users please

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Mar 6 04:46:33 PST 2010

Hi all,

Given the recent XORP, Inc. business failure, it's understandable that
people are concerned about the future of the open source work product
ongoing.

We really need a show of hands, on organisations who may be using XORP,
in a commercial or semi-commercial capacity. I have received some leads
in this regard, and will be following up as time permits. If you or your
organisation are using XORP, please get in touch.

There is a strategy which needs to be followed in order to get the
project back to healthy status, however, this may not be 100% compatible
with a volunteer-based way of doing things.

An interim 1.7 release is a possibility. This has taken a long time
because the release management process has been starved of resources. It
is likely that not all of the boxes which we'd like for that release to
be ticked, would be ticked.

regards,