[Xorp-hackers] Recent developments and patch submission

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Mar 7 09:34:48 PST 2010

Ben,

I'd love to respond to your points in detail, however, I fear we have
drifted off-topic here.

My original message to you, was merely to point out that in order for
any further work to happen on the XORP source tree, whilst we are in
this period of uncertainty with the project, basic procedures still need
to be followed.

This is doubly important, given that there is currently no paid XORP
support function. It's unreasonable to expect volunteers to wade through
months of mailing list traffic looking for something to do.

Whilst I'd agree mailing lists are great for sounding out ideas, or
working through the details of a patch, they are not terribly useful for
tracking ongoing issues with the source tree.

like it seems other developers are": that isn't happening, to the best
of my knowledge, which is why I have asked for a show of hands in good
faith.

regards,