[Xorp-hackers] VRRP error

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Mar 9 07:36:19 PST 2010

On 03/09/2010 07:30 AM, Li Zhao wrote:
> You are right. In my build "HAVE_PCAP" is not defined. Do I need to turn
> on compile flag "HAVE_PCAP_SENDPACKET" too?

You should figure out why it isn't defined by the configure logic.
Probably it isn't installed or detected properly on your system.

Likely this just works in SVN and/or my branch.

Sticking with 1.6 is going to keep you from taking advantage of any bug fixes that other
folks put into the new code.  It seems several people are interested in VRRP,
so if you move to the development branch, it's likely you can pool your
efforts by posting patches and discussing bugs you're finding.

I'll merge anything that looks useful into my tree in case you want to
base off of it.

If there are any technical reasons to not move to my tree or SVN, please
let me know..maybe I can address them.