[Xorp-hackers] linux VRRP svn xorp

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sat Mar 20 23:58:53 PDT 2010

On 03/20/2010 08:37 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 03/20/2010 06:13 AM, Eric S. Johnson wrote:
>>> Seems to me that if we put a second IP on the interface, then we
>>> can let the OS deal with arp and kill the arpd logic entirely.
>>
>> Yeah, I thought the same thing. In fact it looks like the pseudo arp
>> deamon wont "start up" for IP's assigned to the interface, due to
>> the Vrrp::check_ownership

>>> Sounds good to me.  I fixed the bug in xorp.ct that caused vrrp
>>> to crash early...now I'm seeing similar activity w/regard to
>>> the MAC addr being set but no IP visible.
>>>
>>> I'll poke at the add_addr logic and see what I can get
>>> to happen...
>>
>> Ive been on vacation this last week, but started this before
>> I left. Below are the diff I have. Basicly I copied the logic
>> for adding the mac, and got as far as vrrp_target where I think
>> a XRL needs to be sent, but I hadn't figured out how/what yet,
>
> I think I know how to make XRL&  FEA do it's thing...will have a patch
> this evening if all goes well.  The work I did yesterday looks very close
> to your patch, so hopefully we're on the right track.

Well, it took more work that I was hoping..but it seems to be adding
the IP now.  No idea if anything else works..and patch definitely needs
some more cleanup, so I didn't commit it yet.

You can find it here if you want to try it.  It should apply clean on
top of my xorp.ct tree.

http://www.candelatech.com/~greearb/misc/patches/xorp_vrrp.patch

I'll try to clean this up and do some better testing over the next few days.