[Xorp-hackers] Xorp project development.

Mark Handley M.Handley at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 22 11:14:10 PDT 2010

On 22 March 2010 16:46, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> I don't actually know who has the authority to discuss bigger changes
> (like what is found in my xorp.ct tree).  I want to come to some sort
> of understanding with them before I put any real effort into breaking
> out small patches for upstream SVN.

I guess the buck stops with me, but Atanu and Bruce have a better
overview of the state of all of the code at this point than I do.  So,
in effect it's the three of us right now.

We're working out new processes at the moment, as things settle down.
The idea is certainly to be much more open to new committers than
Xorp, Inc was.  It's essential we use the energy in the Xorp community
to best effect, something Xorp, Inc never figured out how to do.

With regards to the xorp.ct tree, could you summarize the main
differences between your tree and the sourceforge tree for the list.
I'd like to give everyone a chance to comment on whether there are any
issues with regards to merging the two trees.

 - Mark