[Xorp-hackers] Committed a fix for MTU and carrier detect on older systems.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Mar 30 23:06:29 PDT 2010

On 03/30/2010 10:55 PM, Adam Greenhalgh wrote:
> Hi Ben
>
> I think we need to have a discussion about what the best way to take
> patches from you is. Without tagging in xorp.ct, i think its going to
> be tricky to take a full patch from you without making mistakes. I am
> not sure that tagging is the best approach certainly isn't. Perhaps we
> need to have a xorp patches mailing list or upload location where the
> raw diff can be posted. Does anyone have any views on this ?

I auto-generate email when I commit a patch.  I can easily have it send
mail to some mailing list.

That said, unless you really understand xorp, you may have difficulty
picking patches from my tree and making them work properly.  I'm
still hoping I can push everything upstream at once and then fix any bugs that
pop up.  I've found and fixed several recently for folks using xorp.ct
on older kernels and such.  I'm sure there are more bugs, but there have
definitely been some successes too.