[Xorp-hackers] [Xorp-users] Xorp Router with ISP (RP discovery?) - ISP not supporting PIM

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun May 2 04:49:49 PDT 2010

On 04/28/10 15:37, saurabh wrote:
> Do I need IGMP proxy for this purpose ? (any suggestion)

IGMP proxies are the usual solution to this in the field

Caveat is that you can only use IGMP proxy in simple tree-based setups;
there's currently no way of partitioning membership,
and using PIM inside your own domain.

Most lower-end vendor kit has the same limitation.

> Current Xorp have any hack for such proxy-ing  ? Or it is in future
> road-map ?

I've certainly thought of doing it, but no one's come forward to fund
the feature, nor has it been part of any official road-map.

It is not clear if I'll have to do it for my new gig -- we can get away
without it.