[Xorp-hackers] XORP Configuration: OpenSSL problem

Ali Salem concordia.xorp at gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:43:38 PDT 2010

Hi,

I checked earlier threads for this same error, but it is still not working
with me. I'd appreciate your help. Little bit of info about my environment:

Operating system: Scientific Linux
Kernel: 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5

Upon trying to run ./configure on xorp-1.6, I received the following error
message:

*Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components*

To resolve this, I was asked to install openssl-devel, so I tried doing
that, but then I recieve this error message:

*Error: Missing Dependency: openssl = 0.9.8e-12.el5 is needed by package
openssl-devel-0.9.8e-12.el5.i386*

However, I do have the latest version of openssl 0.9.8e-12.el5 already
installed, I verified this.

I am stuck here right now, and I cannot move forward. I would appreciate all
pointers.

Thank you