[Xorp-hackers] Considering moving xorp.ct to github

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sat May 29 14:04:37 PDT 2010

I'm becoming disgruntled with lack of ability to actually upload files
to Xorp's sourceforge page, manage it's bug tracker, or do anything else
to help officially release xorp 1.7.  It seems that all of the admins
don't have time or interest in helping the process along.

So, I'm considering making xorp.ct a bit more official and host it
on github instead of our company DMZ machine.  I have a full git repo
cloned from the upstream SVN, so we shouldn't loose any history, and
if the sourceforge project admins ever become active again, it will
not be any more difficult to merge changes back to the svn repo than
it already is.

I will hold off on this a day or two to see what response this email gets,
but only a few days.  All are welcome to comment with whatever opinions
and suggestions come to mind.