[Xorp-hackers] Little Help

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Aug 5 11:25:46 PDT 2011

On 08/05/2011 12:14 AM, MAS . wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new user at XORP, I want to do may masters project in XORP
> developement. But I dont have much experience of routing platforms, I
> have coding experience in net-snmp. Can you please help me for finding
> out what potential development can be done in 6 months time. How can I
> contribute to open source community. Also please help me about How to
> start.

The xorp wiki can always use improvements:

http://xorp.run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/start

You could also look at the bug list and see if anything
looked interesting:

http://www.xorp.org/bugzilla/

Using it and reporting bugs and helping answer other people's
questions is all useful stuff.

Some folks are interested in adding PIM-DM, so if you wanted some
more serious programming experience, you might team up with them to
implement that.