[Xorp-hackers] {Disarmed} Re: xorp: enable IGMP/PIM-SM over a VLAN interface on Linux

frank hu frank.1975.hu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:58:49 PST 2011

Hi, Ben and Ray,

Thanks a lot for the kind help and open feedback.

I am investigating putting xorp as the multicast routing engine for our
network device running Linux. From the CLIs I can see that it provides the
set of multicast routing features that I am interested in. The reason that
xorp seems attractive to me is that it was listed as one test
implementations in RFC 4602. However the deficiency in the VLAN interfaces
support is a big no-no on Linux based software routers.

Thanks again!!

Frank