[Xorp-hackers] XORP With PIMSMv6???

Vunnava Kesava Srinivas-B32946 B32946 at freescale.com
Thu Feb 24 07:02:16 PST 2011

Hi All,
We have a requirement to bring up XORP with PIMSM6. After creating the Configuration File ; started the xorp_rtrmgr.
The issue  that the daemon is throwing is ; "mfea_mrouter.cc  start_mtr  ] setsockopt(MRT6_INIT,1)  failed: Protocol not available". I am seeing this message for other daemons also. Ex: xorp_pimsm6.

After some discussions; I came to know that Kernel itself should support IPv6 Multicast Routing in order to make the pimsm6 running.
I thought of compiling the kernel [2.6.32] with IPv6-Multicast Routing support . while doing this I came across IPv6 Multicast routing with PIM-SM2 Support is also provided in Kernel.

My Question is in order to make xorp-pimsm6 working; Do I need to compile the Kernel with just Multicast routing OR Multicast routing with pimsm6. Also please suggest if any other ways to make the xorp-pimsm6 running!!!

-Thanks in Advance,
VKS.