[Xorp-hackers] Windows build of xorp.ct for testing.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Feb 25 15:51:53 PST 2011

On 02/25/2011 01:31 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 02/25/2011 12:43 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I have done no testing on this, but the xorp_rtrmg.exe will
>> at least launch enough to complain about config files.
>>
>> Basically, I reverted the patch from 2009 that removed
>> win32 support and hacked on it till it would compile
>> under mingw.
>>
>> http://www.candelatech.com/~greearb/xorp_win32.zip
>>
>> If anyone gives this a try, I'm interested in knowing
>> how it works (or not).
>>
>> I'll push the code to xorp.ct after I get some testing
>> completed and make sure that I didn't obviously break
>> xorp under Linux.
>
> Ahh, looks like I have some more work to do...it looks
> in the wrong place for templates, etc...
>
> Will post when I get that fixed..

Ok, it's working better now.   OSPF starts, but I haven't
tested if it actually talks with other OSPF servers, etc.

File is at same location:
http://www.candelatech.com/~greearb/xorp_win32.zip

Here's how I started it:

    To run xorp on windows:

    *  Unzip it somewhere
    *  Change to the xorp/sbin directory
    *  Start router-mgr:
      set XORP_PF=t
      set XORP_ROOT=..
      xorp_rtrmgr.exe -c config.boot.t xt -t ..\share\xorp\templates -m ..\lib\xorp\bin

    * In another window, start xorpsh:
      set XORP_PF=t
      set XORP_ROOT=..
      xorpsh

Here's a sample config file (Original courtesy of Asif @ iQor)

C:\xorp_win32\xorp\sbin>more c:\config.boot.txt

interfaces {
         interface "Local Area Connection 7" {
                 disable: false
                 vif "Local Area Connection 7" {