[Xorp-hackers] New XORP project manager: Ben Greear

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 2 17:07:59 PST 2011

On 03/02/2011 04:26 PM, Mark Handley wrote:
> As I'm sure you've noticed, for quite a while now Ben Greear's xorp.ct
> branch has been the de-facto current XORP branch.  We've decided to
> make this official.
>
> Ben is now the official project manager, and the xorp.org domain name
> now points at Ben's version of the XORP webserver.  XORP will of
> course remain open-source under the GPL.  Many thanks to Ben for
> taking over care and feeding of XORP and for all the effort's he's put
> in to date.
>
>   - Mark Handley (XORP project founder).

And thanks to Mark for getting XORP started and seeing it through
all these years!

My immediate plans are to tweak the web page (remove ".ct" for starters)
and try to get auto-created VLANs working better.

Some other folks are working on updating the docs and we should
have those links go live soon.

After that, no big plans for a while, aside from fixing bugs
and dealing with customer requests.

I'll likely leave the 'xorp.ct' repository on github as the primary
source repository, and use github's bug-tracking tools.  I could
also setup bugzilla on my web server if someone thinks that would
be better.

I'm not sure what to do about sourceforge.  Maybe just leave
the svn up for historical reasons, or perhaps see if someone
can archive it and remove it entirely.