[Xorp-hackers] ProcessStatus VS ServiceStatus

Pierre Lepropre pierre.lepropre at student.ulg.ac.be
Mon Mar 14 11:17:21 PDT 2011

Hello guys,

I've been trying to build my own sample module for XORP 1.8 for a couple
of days. I'm actually doing this from scratch to get the clearest
picture that I can get of all the modules/classes/files involved.

I'm using "static_routes" as a comparaison basis.

There is one thing I'm not sure I've well understood: what's the
difference between
* ServiceStatus (/libxorp/service.hh)
* ProcessStatus (/libxorp/status_codes.h)

As far as I can tell,
* service status seems to be some kind of inter-xorp process information
(with the possibility to observe an other service) whereas
* process status seems to be self-contained information regarding the
process current relationship with the Finder.

Is my understanding correct ? If not, where could I get more
information ? I've been digging out a lot of files without any
conclusive answer...

Best Regards,

Pierre.