[Xorp-hackers] %delete in child not called when deleting top parent

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 17 10:05:33 PDT 2011

On 03/17/2011 09:03 AM, Uri Yanai wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to delete a top level tree item with no success
> For example using the following template file in xorp-ct Version 1.8-CT
>
> bridges{
> bridge @: txt {
> }
> }
>
> bridges{
> %modinfo:provides brdg;
> %modinfo:default_targetname "brdg";
> bridge @: txt {
> %create: xrl "brdg/brdg/0.1/bridge_add?bridge:txt=$(@)";
> %delete: xrl "brdg/brdg/0.1/bridge_delete?bridge:txt=$(@)";
> }
> }

I'm not sure why you are hitting this bug, but can you explain
a bit more about what you are trying to do?  I recently added
support for creating virtual devices.  It currently only works
with VLANs, but I think the framework is general enough to work
with bridge devices and other virtual interfaces.

Are you able to delete some other high-level thing, maybe
a routing protocol, and see all the sub-items get
destructed properly?