[Xorp-hackers] %delete in child not called when deleting top parent

Uri Yanai Uri.Yanai at ngsoft.com
Tue Mar 22 01:19:39 PDT 2011

This is my second post on this subject.
According to XORP documentation
	“If a node that is deleted does not have a %delete command, then the %delete commands of its children are called instead. This rule is      applied recursively for each child that does not have a %delete command”

I have noticed that this isn't the case.

For example, in interfaces.tp I change delete_interface to delete_interfacex

interface @: txt {
        %delete:        xrl "$(interfaces.targetname)/ifmgr/0.1/delete_interfacex?tid:u32=$											(interfaces.TID)&ifname:txt=$(@)";

In xorpsh I run the following

root at Me# set interfaces interface eth1
[edit]
root at Me# commit
OK
[edit]
root at Me# delete interfaces interface eth1
Deleting:
    eth1 {
    }

OK