[Xorp-hackers] Configure router NOT through the CLI xorpsh

Uri Yanai Uri.Yanai at ngsoft.com
Wed May 4 07:37:45 PDT 2011

Hi
I need to configure the XORP router not through the CLI xorpsh.
When I directly call the component XRLs I notice that router manager isn't effected.
In other words, I don't see my configuration changes in xorpsh configuration mode 'show'.
>From reading the xorp_rtrmgr documentation, I found that I can change configuration using the rtrmgr XRLs, more specific calling send_apply_config_change() passing 'deltas' with the configuration changes but I didn't figure out how do I generate the 'deltas'.
I would be glad to know how can I in code configure the XORP router and then also see my changes
in xorpsh configuration mode 'show' .

Thanks for your help.
Uri