[Xorp-hackers] XORP OSPF routing table

Raluca Blidaru Raluca.Blidaru at uoit.ca
Wed Nov 23 12:04:39 PST 2011

Hello Everyone,

I am interested to use XORP for building a testbed for testing router's security in OSPF routing tables attacks. The idea is to use an open source software router and access directly the routing table in memory/temp file, modify it by adding/changing routing entries and see how the information is propagated into a testing lab network.

I've looked to the code and I found that there is an OSPF origin table which seems to keep the rounting information I may need to access. Where is this information stored? In /tmp folder? Is there already a built-in interface to read from the temp files created if there is where I have to look for the routing tables? Are these files saved in a readable format? If not, how I can access the OSFP routing table for the purpose I described before?

Is XORP suitable for my project scope? Would any of you with expertise in how XORP is designed advice me if I am on the right track and how best I should approach this project?

Thank you in advance for your answers and guidance.

Best regards,
Raluca