[Xorp-hackers] [Xorp-users] OSPF slow-to-converge bug fixed.

Eric S. Johnson esj at cs.fiu.edu
Sat Oct 1 10:43:40 PDT 2011

>Anyway, it appears to be fixed now.  So, if anyone had any issues with
>OSPF being slow to converge, please try out the top-of-tree and see
>if it works better for you.

I was one of those that had issues. I had tried playing with the
environment variable setting you sent me a few weeks ago, but even
extreme settings didn't seem to help, just to push the problem later.
I didn't have time to do much more debugging myself.

I am very happy to report that the git tree I just pulled
and built works perfect. And ospf starts doing its thing
much faster now too.

(Centos 5, ospf and PIM-SM primary used features)

This bug is squashed!

Thanks much!