[Xorp-hackers] Tested: IPv4 multicast over GRE tunnels, on Linux.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Oct 10 22:27:30 PDT 2011

I finally got my LANforge virtual networking framework to properly
deal with GRE interfaces and xorp.  I was able to verify OSPF and
PIM functioned properly over a GRE tunnel.  I generated bi-directional UDP and
uni-directional multicast and everything seems to be working.

OS is Fedora 14 Linux, 32-bit x86, with 3.0.6+ kernel.  Likely it will
work just fine on older kernels and OSs as well.  No idea about bsd,
but assuming it can do GRE tunnels, it will probably work.

There could still be problems, but if someone is still having troubles,
please double-check the multicast traffic generators/receivers, and post
xorp configs and detailed bug reports.