[Xorp-hackers] XORP: Multicast Listener + XORP on Same PC !!!

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Feb 17 11:25:38 PST 2012

On 02/17/2012 12:00 AM, Kesava Srinivas wrote:
> Thanks Ben for the Reply & Providing me the insight.

Please keep the xorp mailing list CC'd so that others
can learn as well.  I re-added xorp-hackers.

> 1] Can I Conclude myself that; If I start working on LanForge S/W., Can achieve what I want ?? (As Mentioned in my Previous Mail; looking to Forward the
> Multicast Traffic to Eth0 coming from Eth1. Forwarding to Application listening on Eth0 is Kinda Optional for me; but Really looking to Forward it over Eth0
> Interface).

Yes, it should work fine.  Please note that if you want LANforge to generate
traffic for you, you need to get a license.  If this is for personal
use or education, then just ask for a educational license and you can have
one for free (support at candelatech.com).

> 2] After Going through LANForge Site; it looks pretty Interesting to me. It seems to be; we are having 2 options to start on LanForge. a] Pre-Compiled Kernel
> with LANForge S/W *OR* LANForge S/W+Kernel Patches provided in website!! Was My understanding Correct ??

Try the live-cd...it has everything you need (xorp, lanforge, patched kernel, etc)

You might find the cookbook examples useful:

http://www.candelatech.com/lfgui_ice_cookbook.php
http://www.candelatech.com/lfgui_fire_cookbook.php

And the GUI users guide, which will tell you how to configure
multicast traffic:

http://www.candelatech.com/lfgui_ug.php