[Xorp-hackers] XORP enhancement for wireless mesh network routing

Aidan Van Dyk aidan at highrise.ca
Fri Jun 1 10:42:12 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the patch!
>
> I have a few comments before I apply this.
>
> First, I believe it would be possible to want this feature enabled on
> non-wireless interfaces, so maybe instead of having a 'wireless' attribute,
> we could call it something like 'allow-disconnected-routes' or something like that.

Agreed.

> And maybe we should just always allow those routes to be added and not even bother
> with all the framework to set the flag?

Or maybe even let the module/client adding the route to specify if a
host-route is allowed?  That would require a modificatin (or addition)
to the route XRLs.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             Create like a god,
aidan at highrise.ca                                       command like a king,