[Xorp-hackers] XORP enhancement for wireless mesh network routing

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Jun 1 10:47:25 PDT 2012

On 06/01/2012 10:42 AM, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Ben Greear<greearb at candelatech.com>  wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the patch!
>>
>> I have a few comments before I apply this.
>>
>> First, I believe it would be possible to want this feature enabled on
>> non-wireless interfaces, so maybe instead of having a 'wireless' attribute,
>> we could call it something like 'allow-disconnected-routes' or something like that.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> And maybe we should just always allow those routes to be added and not even bother
>> with all the framework to set the flag?
>
> Or maybe even let the module/client adding the route to specify if a
> host-route is allowed?  That would require a modificatin (or addition)
> to the route XRLs.

I am just not sure it is worth the extra work.  If modules are adding bad
routes, then that is their bug, and I think it should be fixed there.

We can just let FEA do as its told unless the request is obviously
and forever wrong.  It seems adding host routes like this is not
always wrong..so can just relax that check.