[Xorp-hackers] Cross Compiled XORP is quite large

Kuhn, Thomas J (IS) tom.kuhn at ngc.com
Fri Jun 1 11:53:34 PDT 2012

Hi group!

I ham not an expert in Linux or cross compiling, but, with  a lot of help from the BUILD_NOTES file,  I recently cross compiled (mip64-octeon-linux-gnu) OpenSSL, ncurses, and libpcab prior to cross compiling XORP.  I then cross compiled XORP. Everything seems to have gone on without a hitch, but when I look in the /obj directory I see the /mip64-octeon-linux-gnu folder.  I assume that is everything that I need to put on my platform, but it is a whopping 632MB!  That seems a little large.  What am I missing.   Flags? debug?  Here is what I set:

scons build=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu \
STRIP=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-sstrip \
CC=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc \
CXX=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-g++ \
CFLAGS=-I/home/build/octeon-staging/include \
CXXFLAGS=-I/home/build/octeon-staging/include \
LINKFLAGS=-L/home/build/octeon-staging/lib \

Tom Kuhn

Northrop Grumman Information Systems
11474 Corporate Blvd., Suite 120
Orlando, Fl 32817