[Xorp-hackers] EXT :Re: Cross Compiled XORP is quite large

Igor Maravić igorm at etf.rs
Mon Jun 4 09:27:17 PDT 2012

When you give the command scons ... binaries are all build in
BUILD_DIR. That BUILD_DIR by default is in

YOUR_XORP_DIR/xorp/obj/your_os_name_architecture

When you give the command all binaries are built in install dir. They
are built from the scratch because You're using different flags for
those two cases.
So, I think this should be your command:

scons install debug=no strip=yes enable_tests=yes
prefix='/home/build/octeon-staging/' build=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu \
STRIP=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-strip \
CC=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc \
CXX=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-g++ \
RANLIB=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-ranlib \
CFLAGS=-I/home/build/octeon-staging/include \
CXXFLAGS=-I/home/build/octeon-staging/include \
LINKFLAGS=-L/home/build/octeon-staging/lib \

BR
Igor

PS. Lot of tests aren't built at all when You use the flag
enable_tests=yes. If that isn't some kind of secret, could You tell me
what You're trying to test. I enabled building the RIB tests, and I
should push the patch to the list...