[Xorp-hackers] XORP enhancement for wireless mesh network routing

Igor Maravić igorm at etf.rs
Tue Jun 12 05:25:22 PDT 2012

I've just tested. There is NO restriction when adding interface route.
I even wrote the tests to confirm that.
Also You can test my claim by adding interface route via static routes!
Only there is a catch.

If your neighboring router have address 192.168.3.1, and you want to
have all routes for 192.168.3.0/24 go via
that router, you first have to add 192.168.3.1/32 interface route, and
after that to add 192.168.3.0/24 route.
This is configuration to do that.
---
protocols {
        static {
            interface-route 192.168.3.1/32 {
                next-hop-interface: "eth2"
                next-hop-vif: "eth2"
            }
            interface-route 192.168.3.0/32 {
                next-hop-interface: "eth2"
                next-hop-vif: "eth2"
                next-hop-router: 192.168.3.1
            }
        }
    }
---

There was a problem with registering those routes in fea, but I fixed
that problem. I'm sending that patch to the list. Patches for enabling
rib test, you can find on my github.
BR
Igor